News about Admission
AdmissionExamineesTopicsEnglish Test for Admission in 2020 (including Admission in October 2019)
AdmissionExamineesTopicsFY2017 Information regarding Graduation Ceremony
AdmissionExamineesTopicsEnglish Test for Admission in 2019 (including Admission in October 2018)
AdmissionStudentsTopicsFY2017 Announcement Autumn Graduation Ceremony
AdmissionExamineesTopicsFY2016 Information regarding Graduation Ceremony
AdmissionExamineesStudentsTopicsApplication guides for Oct 2016/Apr 2017 admission
AdmissionExamineesStudentsTopicsInformation Technology Special Course in English
ITSCE in Brief
[Origin and Logistics]
ITSCE commenced in April 2014, and has been supported logistically by IST and by the CAREN program at Osaka University. CAREN stands for 'Center for the Advancement of Research and Education Exchange Networks in Asia', and was also established in April 2014, with the goal of enhancing the international appeal of Osaka University. Thus, ITSCE is also promoted on the CAREN webpage.
ITSCE has been developed with the goal of nurturing students from around the world, by providing them - in English - with top-quality knowledge and research skills in information science and technology fields such as: computer science and engineering, information and physical sciences, information systems engineering, information networking, multimedia engineering, bioinformatics.
- Student activity comprises course work and research work. Course work includes basic- and advanced-level lectures as well as interactive seminars, which are held in welcoming halls with modern audio-video equipment.
- In our state-of-the-art labs, students can pursue their research work, e.g., through analysis, simulation on powerful computers, and actual implementation on chips.
- ITSCE encompasses both Master's (2 years) and Ph.D. studies (3 years), to be completed in sequence, so that to obtain both the master's and doctor's degrees.
- Master's degree candidates must earn 30 credits within two years. Ph.D. degree candidates must earn 4 credits within three years, allowing them to concentrate on research.
Applicants for the Master's program will be selected through the screening of documents and an interview. Applicants for the Ph.D. program will be selected through the screening of documents, a Master's thesis, and an interview. The interview can be conducted online as well as at Osaka University's overseas centers.
- Study and do research at a top-ranked Japanese university - in English.
- Learn from highly qualified faculty, train with prominent researchers.
- Develop expertise and obtain degrees in information science and technology fields that will put you on the path to a fulfilling and successful career.
- Live in Osaka, one of the largest and most interesting cities in Japan.
- Learn about Japanese culture by experiencing it.
- Excellent academic standing
- Sufficient knowledge of English (if you studied in English before, English test results may not be required.)
- Payment of admission and tuition fees
|Course and Application||Degrees||Master of IST/Ph.D.||Fees and Scholership||Application & Examination||30,000 JPY|
|Number of Students||A few||Enrollment||282,000 JPY|
|Enrollment Date||April, October||Tuition||269,700 JPY/semester|
|Application Deatline||See website for details||Support||TA, RA, and scholerships are available in conjunction with Humanware Innovation Program|
|Screening||Documents, thesis, interview|
ITSCE is supported at IST by the CAREN program through the following specially appointed assistant professors (please contact them first):
Constantin (Costi) Siriteanu, Ph.D.
Takahiro Nishimura, Ph.D.
ITSCE-related information may also be obtained from IST office:
Office of Graduate Admission
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
1-5 Yamada-Oka, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871 Japan
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.