With a high moral value based on education spanning a wide range of fields, advanced specialized knowledge and system conceptual abilities, it is the aim of the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology to contribute to the development of the advanced information society of the 21st Century by producing advanced technicians, researchers and educationalists in the field of information science and related fields such as mathematics and life science who are also capable of playing an active role in spheres of applications employing these fields. In particular, the principal goal is to nurture appealing human resources capable of realizing innovation and breakthroughs through free thinking and demonstrating leadership in the international community.
With the purpose of achieving the foregoing educational principles and nurturing in students the design capabilities needed to conceptualize new information systems and conduct research and development, the communication skills required to enable active participation in the international community and management skills necessary to implement projects in collaboration with others, a systematic network has been organized in the field of information science technology.
- As well as core subjects required to acquire the expertise required by each major, the Master Course offers interdisciplinary subjects that encompass important peripheral fields. In addition, the provision of multidisciplinary subjects, special lecture subjects covering the latest technical trends taught by external lecturers invited from various fields of industry, internship subjects in domestic and overseas companies and research institutions and project-type seminar subjects offer students the opportunity to acquire grounding as advanced technicians and researchers, and, at the same time, a wide diversity of knowledge to meet the various demands of society.
- In addition to specialized subjects that allow students to acquire skills and knowledge in cutting-edge science and technology, the Doctor Course provides internship subjects in domestic and overseas companies and research institutions and nurtures in students the ability to create new academic values and, additionally, the ability to apply such academic values to create new social values.
Furthermore, in order to acquire a broad education, students are also recommended to acquire credits relating, for example, to the Center for the Study of Communication Design and other graduate schools.
[Image of the Ideal Student]
We are looking for the following types of student in the field of information science and technology.
- Students wishing to make contributions to the advanced information society of the 21st Century
- Students with a constant awareness of applications in search of basic theory
- Students wishing to put basic theory into practice
- Students with the desire to tackle the challenges of new fields
- Students in search of new mathematics as the basis or application of information science
- Students with the desire to be pioneers in the field of fusion of information science with life science
[Basic Policy regarding Enrolment Selection]
Students with a particular interest in information science and technology out of a wide range of fields are accepted. For example, persons who have studied information science and technology in departments such as science, engineering and engineering science either within or outside the university, persons with an interest in engineering application or expansion of information science and technology to fields such as biology or medical science and persons who have already graduated from departments such as the foregoing and have a strong ambition to make contributions to information science and technology while actively participating in various fields in society are accepted. Moreover, in order to find a broad diversity of human resources, persons enrolled in departments outside the field of information science and technology and working adults with an ambition to engage in studies and research relating to information science and technology are also accepted. In addition, foreign students are also welcomed.