Network Design, and Monitoring, Control
The amount and time variation of traffic over the Internet are increasing due to the growth of the network services. The network operators must accommodate such time-varying large traffic efficiently. I have been working on the methods to control networks dynamically according to the current network status. I have proposed a method to monitor and analyze the traffic to obtain the current network status, a method to predict the future network status, and a method to control the network based on the predicted future status. I also proposed method to design and control the network so as to achieve the energy efficiency.
- 2005 Specially appointed researcher, Cyber media center, Osaka University
- 2006 Research Associate, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka University
- 2007 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka University
- 2008 Received Ph.D. degree in Information Science from Osaka University
- 2012 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.