Media Processing Integration Systems
Audio and image media have become more important interfaces that connects human to the external world, thanks to their capability to represent large amounts of characteristics. In order to efficiently process such complex and large-scale media, implementation of systems that integrate advanced hardware and software is required. In particular, since large-scale integrated circuits have come to be realized due to the development of semiconductor fabrication technologies, efficient implementations must now be taken into consideration from both respects of algorithm and architecture. Under these circumstances, we are conducting research from the stance of system implementation, having as target various applications implemented into embedded systems as smartphones, HD television sets, vehicle-mounted cameras, three-dimensional acoustic systems.
- 1993 Assistant, Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University
- 1998 Lecturer, Large-size Computer Center, Osaka University
- 1999 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Infomatics, Kyoto University
- 2002 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- 2003 Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.