Risk management in an information system
People are living depending on information system: our live is greatly affected if a problem that prevents us to use the information system that we are using ordinarily occurs. We have performed studies to reduce the risk of occurrence of such problems. First, I have researched e-Learning systems to enhance risk management capabilities for project managers in charge with development management, in order to develop information systems that do not generate problems. As for the e-Learning system, it is meant to educate learners by simulating a human instructor on a computer using natural language processing and machine learning techniques. Furthermore, I have researched methods for early detection of problems and power saving in view to power shortages by permanently observing the situation of the information system and by using data mining and optimization technologies, in order to realize information systems that operate without problems.
- 2007 Finished Multimedia Engineering Major, Graduate School for Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- 2007 Employed, System Development Research Institute, Hitachi, Ltd.
- 2008 Ph.D. (Information Science)
- 2009 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- 2009 Guest Researcher, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.