Computer Vision aims at enabling computers to "recognize" the real-world from visual information acquired through sensors. Like autonomous driving and self-navigating robots, it has diverse and impactful application domains. We are interested in fundamental problems of Computer Vision, such as three-dimensional shape recovery from 2D images, machine learning, and optimization techniques.
- 2013 Ph.D. (Engineering), The University of Tokyo
- 2003 Associate Researcher, Microsoft Research Asia
- 2005 Researcher, Microsoft Research Asia
- 2007 Lead Researcher, Microsoft Research Asia
- 2013 Senior Researcher, Microsoft Research Asia
- 2015 Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.