Information security and coding theory
Information security technology is indispensable for the secure use the Internet. Encryption is a basic technique, but it critically needs the devising of protocols for realizing the required level of security by using encryption and also ensuring that those protocols are really secure. On the other hand, the trade-off between convenience and security is also important, as an unfriendly system would not make any sense, whatever its security level.
Error correcting code is used to correct data errors due to noise, and it is indispensable in modern communication. It also has a beautiful mathematical structure. We are mainly conducting research concerning error correcting code performance evaluation and decoding (error correction) methods.
- 1986 Ph.D. in Engineering, Osaka University
- 1986 Assistant, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1990 Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1992 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1997 Professor, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1997 Professor (dual appointments), Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology (approx. 2 years)
- 2002 Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.