The common theme of my research is special functions, such as various hypergeometric functions and Heun, Painleve functions. They have broad application in engineering, physics, algebraic geometry, number theory. Transformations of these functions are often determined by Belyi maps (or AB-maps, meaning almost Belyi maps), thus currently the central topic of my research are these Belyi functions, their algebraic, geometric and arithmetic properties.
- 1999 Ph.D., University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- 1999 - 2001 Post-doctoral project at University of Amsterdam and CWI, The Netherlands
- 2002 - 2003 Post-doctoral project at University of Antwerp and Free University of Brussels, Belgium
- 2003 - 2006 "COE 21st century" post-doctoral project at Kyushu University, Japan
- 2007 - 2012 Assistant Professor at Kobe University, Japan
- 2013 - 2014 Research project at University of Athens, Greece
- 2014 - 2015 Research project at University of Tokyo, Japan
- Apr. 2016, Specially Appointed Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- E-mail ： vidunas@ist.
- Tel ： S4565
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.