Differential Equations in Complex Domain, Special Functions, Twisted de Rham Theory, Mathematical Physics
Various nice functions appearing in several areas in science and engineering are known as special functions. Gauss hypergeometric function is such a most fundamental example. The history of the research of special functions is so long. My way of the research is from the view point of the theory of complex integrals and the representation theory. The theory of complex integrals, which is originated and developed by Prof. Aomoto, is regarded as an advanced version of the complex analysis, in other words, a theory of homology and cohomology with coefficient of quantum groups, Hecke algebras, finite and infinite Lie algebras and various new algebras, ordinary and partial differential equations in the sense of complex analysis, topology, algebraic geometry, conformal field theory, solvable lattice model, and random matrices theory play crucial roles in our research.
- Nov. 1988, Assistant, Department of Mathematics, Nagoya University
- Jul. 1992, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Kyushu University
- Apr. 1994, Associate Professor, Graduate school of Mathematics, Kyushu University
- Apr. 2000, Associate Professor, Faculty of Mathematics, Kyushu University
- Oct. 2000, Professor, Department of Mathematics, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Apr. 2014, Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.