Representation Theory of Conformal Field Theory and Infinite-dimensional Algebraic Systems
I study systems of differential equations appeared in mathematical physics, in particular, the so-called completely integralble systems. The one of main points of my research is the representation of infinite-dimensional algebras which are symmetries of "almost many" completely integrable sysytems.
Recently I focus on the theory of vertex operator algebras of which corresponding concept in physics is conformal field theory. My very recent interest is the theory of modular forms, which appear in conformal field theory.
- 1983 Assistant, Faculty of Science, Osaka University
- 1990 Lecturer, Faculty of Sciences, Osaka University
- 1992 Assistant professor, Faculty of Science, Osaka University
- 2002 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Sciences, Osaka University
- 2007 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Sciences, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.