Scholarships on University Recommendation for the AY2022
Conditions for Application
①Scholarships with restricted number of person who can be recommended by Graduate School of Information Science and Technology (IST)
Only persons who already submitted the "Scholarship Application Statement for Privately Financed Foreign Students" for this academic year, and who meets the requirements requested by each scholarship can apply.
② Scholarships with no limit for number of candidates
Anyone who meets the application requirements of each scholarship can apply, regardless of whether or not they have taken the documents and interview examination for scholarship recommendation ranking.
List for University Recommendation Scholarships
◆ List for University Recommendation Scholarships
Please check the Japanese website.
How to Apply
- Scholarship offerings are posted in the list. (Please check the website in Japanese).
- If you find a scholarship you want to apply for, please send an email to the Graduates Section by the application period.
Graduates Section e-mail address: office@ist.
Add "osaka-u.ac.jp" when sending email.
The Graduates Section will send a reply to each applicant to confirm the application. Persons who do not received a confirmation email within 2 or 3 days are invited to contact us.
- If there are more than one applicant for one scholarship, the applicant from the top of the ranking can be recommended by IST according to the scholarship recommendation ranking decided at the beginning of the academic year.
(However, priority will be given to persons who are not receiving other scholarships by recommendation of IST or are not under recommendation.)
- We will inform you the result by email when the applicants who can apply for the scholarship with university recommendation are decided. In addition, the date will be posted in the "Applicant decision date" in the scholarship list.
- Applicants who is decided to be recommended by IST should submit the necessary application documents to the Graduates Section by the due date.
In case of short-term applications or of an extremely limited number of qualifying applicants, we may refer directly to the eligible applicants before posting in the tables.
Application deadlines are set as the last day of the acceptance period. No request is admitted after the deadline. Cancellation is also not possible.
- Those who are currently applying for one of the university recommendation scholarship may not be able to apply for another university recommendation scholarship. Please contact the Graduates Section for details in this case.
- After being recommended by IST, selection in Osaka University or selection by foundation may be carried out.
- Once an applicant is recommended by the university, his/her recommendation rank turns automatically to the last position of the scholarship recommendation ranking.