Adaptive distributed algorithms
We use everyday distributed systems consisting of large numbers of computers connected in networks, such as the Internet. In order to solve problems efficiently by using a large number of autonomously operating computers connected in a network, how should computers cooperate? Distributed algorithm research is the discipline that has to devise efficient distributed solutions, and also think about the limits of these solutions. A recent distributed system contains a variety of dynamics, such as: failures of computers or of communication channels, network topology changes due to the displacement of mobile computers, etc. As such dynamics are hardly predictable, distributed systems that can keep providing the desired services by autonomously adapting to the dynamics are important.
I conduct researches regarding adaptive distributed algorithms in view to achieve autonomously adaptive distributed systems.
- 1987 Ph.D. Osaka University (Graduate School of Engineering Science)
- 1987 Assistant, Education Center for Information Processing, Osaka University
- 1990 Assistant, Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Osaka University
- 1991 Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Osaka University
- 1992 (until March 1994) Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1993 Visiting Associate Professor, Faculty of Computer Science, Cornell University
- 1994 Associate professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- 2000 Professor Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 2002 (up to present) Professor, Graduate School of Information Sciences and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.