Visual Information Processing
Computer vision is a research area that attempts to realize the capability similar to human visual function based on computer processing of image information obtained by external sensors such as a cameras, etc. This capability means reconstruction of three-dimensional shapes and motions of an object as in the real world, pattern identification from the image, categorization, etc. We have been studying a wide range of various applications starting from the basic problem of computer vision. For example, we have proposed an omni-directional and ultra-compact camera that can observe 360 degrees around itself, a new security technology called personal security (ambient surveillance) as its application. Furthermore, related to gait analysis technologies, such as identifying individual and gender, estimating age or understanding intent of a person from his/her gait, we have studied their applications, such as criminal investigation assistive technology or high-age care technology, analysis of reflection and dispersion phenomena of objects and its application to texture evaluation, etc.
- 1991 Ph.D Osaka University
- 1985 Research Staff, Product Development Laboratory, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- 1988 Research Staff, Industrial Electronics & Systems Laboratory, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- 1990 Research Associate, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1993 Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1996 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 2003 Professor, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University
- 2012 Director, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University
- E-mail ： email@example.com.
- Tel ： S8420
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.