Mathematics for System Optimization and Evaluation
My research focues on the methods of modelling, optimization and evaluation for a more efficient operation of various systems. I deployes mainly mathematical programming and statistical approaches, and I am working in particular on optimization and decision-making in situations under uncertainty. As an application, I am also working on real-world problems in a wide range of fields, such as energy management systems, production scheduling, computer simulation, and also motion analysis for equipment operation assistance. In order to evaluate these activities and policies, various measures need to be observed comprehensively. One of the methods to evaluate the sytem performance is DEA (Data Envelopment Analysis). Focusing mainly on uncertainty, diversity and network modelling, I am aiming to applications within the engineering field. In addition, extraction of useful information from vast amounts of data is also expected in the fields of quality management and data mining. By use of data analysis methods that incorporates the concept of efficiency and optimization, I am attempting to connect data to problem solving.
- 1988 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Integrated Atrs and Sciences, University of Osaka Prefecture
- 1991 Lecturer, Faculty of Business, Osaka City University
- 1992 Ph. D. (Engineering) Kyoto University
- 1993 Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, Kobe University
- 1996 Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering, Kobe University
- 1997 Visiting Scholar, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- 1999 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University
- 2001 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
- 2002 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- 2005 Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- E-mail ： morita@ist.
- Tel ： S7870
- Researchers Database
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.