Wireless Networks, Network Control
In this Lab., we study wireless networking, wired/wireless seamless networking, and optical networking. Based on these technologies, we also propose multi-view video streaming systems, agent communication systems, and service platforms for future networks.
Among those topics, especially here presents wireless networking. In these years, wireless networks, including wireless LANs and mobile phones, have been becoming significantly essential social infrastructures to provide people with efficient communications. Although many people are already using wireless networks, in the future still even more data will be transferred, due to the distribution of a huge amount of sensing data, transmitting high-definition videos, etc. In our laboratory, we are developing wireless networking technologies for ad hoc networks, sensor networks. More specifilcally those inlcude media access control, routing protocols with wireless full-duplex communication, advanced coding, smart antennas, and so on.
- Mar. 1987 Ph.D. Osaka University
- Apr. 1987 to Mar. 1990 Assistant, Faculty of Engineering, Tokushima University
- Apr. 1990 to Sep. 1995 Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering, Shizuoka University
- Apr. 1995 to Feb. 1996 Visiting Researcher by Monbusho Scholarship (for young researchers), University Of California, Irvine
- Oct. 1995 to Mar. 2001 Associate Professor, Faculty of Information Science, Shizuoka University
- Apr. 2001 to Mar. 2006 Professor, Faculty of Engineering, Shizuoka University
- Apr. 2005 to Mar. 2012 Guest Researcher, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR)
- Apr. 2006 to Sep. 2013 Professor, Graduate School of Creative Science and Technology, Shizuoka University
- Apr. 2008 to Sep. 2013 Director and Council Member of Research Institute for Creative Science and Technology, Shizuoka University
- May 2013 (up to present) Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.