Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing
In our laboratory, we are studying about algorithms, software and design methodologies concerning with mobile/ubiquitous computing systems such as localization and behavior estimation using smartphones and mobile devices, design and development of context aware services, crowd sensing, ITS (e.g. inter-vehicle communication), advanced sensing systems, IT technology for disaster mitigation and green innovation, and so on. We have also carried out studies of next generation social systems such as medical assistance systems in case of disasters, urban energy-saving systems, and high-level transportation systems. Furthermore, we are studying Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) and Big-Data science for constructing future smart cities using sensing information from mega-order sensors. We aim to realize through these studies a rich and highly reliable information society.
- 1984 Ph.D. (Engineering) Osaka University
- 1984 Assistant Professor, Education Center for Information Processing, Osaka University
- 1987 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1989 Lecturer, Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1991 Associate Professor, Dept. of Information and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1997 Associate Professor, Division of Informatics and Mathematical Sciences,
- Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- 1999 Professor, Information Mathematical Systems Major, Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Osaka University
- 2002 Professor, Dept. of Information Networking, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.