Complex reality, 3D (three-dimensional) user interfaces, Educational Learning Support Information System
Among the various studies related to Human Computer Interaction, we have performed research from various points of view concerning the implementation and evaluation of new interfaces using mixed reality and the interaction design within complex media environments with a focus on the research of user interfaces in three-dimensional space, including immersive VR environment.
In particular, we perform proposals and evaluation of new interactive techniques that use RGB-D sensors, and of intuitive modeling techniques using mixed reality.
In addition, with regard to education learning support information systems i.e. Learning Management System, we also conduct practical research learning support methods using mobile support and context.
- 1995 Ph.D. (Engineering), Osaka University
- 1995 Researcher, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International
- 1997 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science, Graduate School of
- Information Science
- 2001 Professor, Cyber Media Center, Osaka University
- 2002 Professor (concurrent post), Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- 2007 Director of Cyber Media Center (concurrent post until Aug. 2011)
- 2012 Director of Project Planning & Development Department (concurrent post), Center for Education in Liberal Arts and Sciences
- 2013 Director (concurrent post), Teaching and Learning Support Center
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions at Osaka University. To call directly from outside Osaka University, dial a phone number marked S after (area code 06) 6850 or a phone number marked T after (area code 06) 6879. For a phone number marked S (extension), however, first dial the main phone number (06) 6879-5111.
The e-mail addresses are given without the suffix "osaka-u.ac.jp"; add "osaka-u.ac.jp" to each e-mail address.