Augmented reality, computer vision, pattern recognition
We have studied the augmented reality, which is the technology to represent video images that do not exist in the real world just like they were real, by superimposing objects created using a computer on video images taken with a camera. In particular, we have been developing a system that can change, within an augmented reality space, features not so easy to change practically, such as patterns of sofas or table materials, wall colors, lighting color or location, by an analysis based on video images of the surrounded environment taken using a camera. On this purpose, we have studied techniques to determine the light properties, object shapes, and composing materials from video images.
- Mar. 2006, Ph.D. (Engineering), Osaka University
- Apr. 2006, Special Researcher, Information Media Education and Research Division, Cyber Media Center, Osaka University
- Apr. 2007, Special Researcher, Department of Intelligent Media ISIR, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University
- Apr. 2008, Assistant Professor, Information Media Education and Research Division, Cyber Media Center, Osaka University
- Oct.2012 to Apr. 2013, Guest Researcher, Graz University of Technology
- Apr. 2014 Lecturer , Information Media Education and Research Division, Cyber Media Center, Osaka University
- E-mail ： mashita@ist.
- Tel ： T6823
- Researchers Database
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.