Data management technologies in high level network environments
Diversification of the network is progressing along with the development of network technologies, as network environments of various forms are built, i.e. high-speed networks, wireless and mobile networks, broadcasting and communication, P2P networks, etc. Among the applications that take advantage of the network, data sharing applications, that is, applications enabling data created or detained by one user to be referred to by other users, or mutual interaction through information (data), have become more common than applications that enable direct communication between users, as telephone or chat. In such a situation, data management technologies in accordance with the characteristics of each kind of such various networks have become necessary. In this study, we perform research and development for the purpose to improve data access performance of applications (i.e. correct data available in short-time at low cost), by considering the characteristics and constraints of every type of such network environments.
- 1997 Assistant, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
- 2000 Ph.D. (Engineering), Osaka University
- 2002 Assistant, Osaka University Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- 2004 Associate Professor, Graduate School for Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- 2015 Professor, Graduate School for Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- E-mail ： hara@ist.
- Tel ： S4510
- Researchers Database
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.