Nonlinear partial differential equations
Nonlinear partial differential equations are mainly considered. While Newton's equation of motion is a differential equation for time-variable, partial differential equations have variables on time and space, by which they describe many phenomena in nature with mutual interactions expressed by nonlinear terms. With the nonlinear terms in partial differential equations, existence of solutions in global time and blowing-up in finite time are not trivial, and they are significant targets in mathematical analysis. In this analysis, the use and discovery of methods in real analysis, harmonic analysis, functional analysis, function space theory are required. That is why the theory on nonlinear partial differential equation is one of main topics in analysis. There is a background motivation that we are eager to expect a phenomenon in future from the observed phenomenon at the present time.
- 1996 Research Fellow, JSPS
- 1999 Asistant Professor, Graduate School of Information School of Information Science, Tohoku University
- 2005 Associate Professor, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University
- 2013 Professor, Graduate School of Science, Yamagata University
- 2022 Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- E-mail ： makoto.nakamura.ist@
- Tel ： S*5895
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.