An operator algebra is a self-adjoint subalgebra of the algebra of bounded operators on a Hilbert space which is closed in a specific topology.
The theory of operator algebras was initiated for applications in the operator theory, the theory of unitary group representations, the mathematical formulations of quantum mechanics and abstract algebras. Nowadays, the theory of operator algebras are related to many areas of mathematics and physics.
Operator algebras can be classified into von Neumann algebras and C*-algebras. I mainly study C*-algebras. In particular, I am interested in the structures of stably projectionless C*-algebras recently.
- 2011 Ph.D, Kyushu University
- 2011 GCOE Postdoctoral fellow for Research Abroad, Institute of Mathematics for industry, Kyushu University
- 2012 JSPS Postdoctoral fellow, Chiba University
- 2014 Lecturer, Osaka Kyoiku University
- 2020 Associate professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
- E-mail ： nawata@ist.
- Tel ： S*5897
The four-digit phone numbers are extensions used inside Osaka University. The phone numbers from outside Osaka University are as follows: S: 06-6879-xxxx, S*: 06-6105-xxxx, T: 06-6850-xxxx, and S() and T(): 06-6879-5111 (via switch board).
The domain name “osaka-u.ac.jp” is omitted from e-mail addresses. Please add “osaka-u.ac.jp” to each e-mail address.